Wednesday 28 August 2024

Lecturer job news

Sometimes people post news like this as 'personal' but it is more professional really, but the big news from me is that I've been appointed as a lecturer in Lifelong Learning at the University of Oxford.

Going into my doctorate I did not expect to get a permanent academic job, knowing how competitive they are with so many talented and hard-working people going for a small number of positions. 

So I'm still quite shocked, really, and aware that I am very fortunate to be in this position. 

I have worked hard in recent years and am very passionate about adult education, which I think my colleagues have recognised, but I know that all the support that I have received from my family and Katy have been absolutely crucial to get me to this position. 

In a way not much will change: I'll be largely offering the same sorts of courses for adults that I have been in recent years, the list of which can be found on the Oxford University Department for Continuing Education website. Only now I will be doing so as a permanent lecturer rather than a temporary tutor. 

However, I will be discussing the scope for increasing the Political Philosophy provision in the future, so do watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment