Monday 16 February 2015

New Book: Philosophical Explorations of Justice and Taxation

I have received delivery of the latest book to which I have contributed a chapter. Here is a photo! 




This one is "Philosophical Explorations of Justice and Taxation" and comes from an excellent conference I attended in Salzburg. 

It is out at the end of February in hardback and will be available as an e-book. For more information about the contents click here

Edited by Helmut Gaisbauer, Gottfried Schweiger and Clemens Sedmak, it is part of a series of books: Ius Gentium: Comparative Perspectives on Law and Justice

My chapter provides a more ecumenical argument for hourly averaging than I provide in my other work (which takes an explicitly resource egalitarian approach). In this article I argue that a lot of political philosophies would imply the need for a progressive but economically efficient tax system. I then argue that hourly averaging presents a unique method for achieving these two aims simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment